Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Sometimes I have to leave the house to get work done. If I stay home (where my "office" is) I often find myself doing things that don't really need doing. Today it's not really working because here I am at a coffee shop posting on ye' ol' blog instead of doing the two major things that need to get done right now:

#1 make sure everyone in Milwaukee knows that we have a fantastic group show up at my gallery, Paper Boat, the opening reception is Friday for Gallery Night.

#2 get ready for Maker Faire this weekend.

The show is titled "The New Witch" with work by Xandar Marro, Pippi Zornoza, Micaela O'Herlihy, Kim Kisiolek, Polina Malikin, Katy Horan and yours truly. I can't resist the postcard image we used from Providence artist Xander Marro, it's a cloth patch that comes with a zine she put together titled "Witch".
You can see photos of the show HERE if you are interested


On to Maker Faire, where I will be spending Saturday checking out everything that is going on, there is SO MUCH going on. Sunday I will be giving a "talk" on the DIY craft community and showing a clip of the film. I have to admit that I am a little nervous about giving a "talk," not so much about being on stage, I am in a band and sorta used to that part. But more nervous about the AV (audio visual) aspect running smoothly, there is nothing worse than technical problems during someones presentation.

Jenny Hart and I are supposed to meet up for drinks on Saturday in Austin which should be fun! When I get back to my hotel I'll post pictures if I have Internet access to let you know what Maker Faire is like! Will you cross your fingers for me and my "talk", and come to our opening at Paper Boat if you are in Milwaukee!

No comments: